A recent survey by HubSpot* found that 74% of companies that weren’t exceeding revenue goals did not know their number of visitors, leads, MQLs, or sales opportunities. Further, the survey found that 79% of all marketing leads never convert into sales and a lack of lead nurturing is the common cause.
The good news is, having a documented integrated demand generation (demand gen) plan can help your marketing team overcome those obstacles, and enable a top-performing sales team.
At the recent Norwest Venture Partners Demand Generation Summit we brought together a hand-picked group of marketing and sales professionals to share how they’ve fine-tuned their demand gen efforts. During the event, Heidi Bullock, VP of Demand Generation at Marketo gave her five top tips for driving a successful demand generation program:
- 1. Agree on demand gen definitions across the organization
- 2. Set specific goals upfront
- 3. Evaluate all marketing programs through a demand gen lens
- 4. Institute checks and balances
- 5. Testing should be like brushing your teeth
We’ve expanded upon these tips in the below SlideShare.
How are you planning for demand gen success for 2016? We’d love to hear your favorite tips in the comments, or on Twitter. Follow us at @NorwestVP.
* HubSpot. “17 Demand Generation Stats Every CMO Needs to See” http://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/demand-generation-stats